What is Schengen visa?
A Schengen visa (C-visa) is a short stay visa allowing its holder to stay up to 90 days in any 180 day period in Schengen area. Schengen visa can be issued as single or multiple entry visa with period of validity up to five years. More information about Schengen area and EU Common Visa Policy can be found for example on the webpage of European Commission.
Diplomatic missions and consular posts of Estonia are following when processing visa applications the regulation establishing a Community Code on Visas (Visa Code).
In Estonian Embassy in Tbilisi following third country nationals, whose main destination in Schengen is Estonia, can apply for Schengen visa:
Estonia is the applicant’s main destination in Schengen if applicant
- travels only to Estonia or
- spends more time in Estonia during his or her travel than in any other Schengen state (if applicant spends the same amount of time in other Schengen state then Estonia is the main destination only if Estonia is visited first) or
- if applicant’s travels to other member states for tourism and to Estonia for more important reasons such as visiting family or friends, business, studies etc (an invitation from Estonia is required).
Who can apply for Schengen visa in Estonian Embassy in Tbilisi?
- all residents of Georgia irrespective of their citizenship. Applicant, who is not citizen of Georgia must have Georgian residence permit to apply for short term visa in Estonian Embassy in Tbilisi;
- by way of exception non-residents of Georgia can apply for short term visa in Estonian Embassy in Tbilisi, if it is not possible to apply for Schengen visa to Estonia in their home country, i.e. there isn’t Estonian foreign representation dealing with visa applications in country where applicant lives and Estonia is also not represented by another Schengen Member State in his or her country of residence. List of Estonian representations which are handling visa applications can be found here and list of countries where Estonia is represented in issuing Schengen visas by other Member State can be found here.
- For lodging an application in the Embassy, please acquire appointment in the electronic calendar of the Embassy.
- Estonian Embassy in Tbilisi issues Schengen visas on behalf of Denmark.